Slurpy Spaghetti Carbonara
Let your little ones get slurpy with this gluten, dairy and soya free version of the Italian favourite Spaghetti Carbonara.
This meal couldn’t be simpler for busy Mums as it’s quick to make and relies on cupboard favourites. You can swap the broccoli for peas and/or sweetcorn and the spaghetti adds a fun touch to tea time provoking a cheeky, slurpy giggle every single time!
For added roughage, you can swap the pasta spaghetti with some home-made carrot and courgetti spaghetti. Simply use a spiralizer to create your vegetable spaghetti and blanche the strips in hot water. To be honest, my boys weren’t a fan of this and I also have to be careful of the amount of fibre they consume. So I have resorted back to the supermarket bought pasta spaghetti which works for everyone. The boys prefer the taste, it’s easier for me to cook and, overall, it makes for a perfect, quick mid-week tea.
Happy spaghetti slurping!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- Olive oil
- Bacon (or ham)
- Broccoli, peas and/or sweetcorn
- ‘Free from’ pasta spaghetti
- 1 or 2 eggs
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan.
- Cut up your bacon in to small pieces and fry over a hot stove until cooked.
- Meanwhile heat up a pan of water and cook your spaghetti for 10 minutes.
- After 5 or so minutes, throw your vegetables in with the pasta as it saves on washing up. Alternatively, you can steam your veg and add to the mixture later.
- Once your spaghetti is cooked, drain it off.
- Then break your eggs over the spaghetti and stir in with a wooden spoon.
- Continue to stir until the egg is cooked and resembles the scrambled variety.
- Sprinkle with the bacon and serve.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?