These gluten and dairy chocolate cookies are like eating a slice of heaven. A little bit crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey in the middle, they just melt in the mouth and will leave you smiling
Chocolate cookies are an all time family favourite. My little ones love eating theres with a cup of warmed chocolate coconut milk and I enjoy eating mine with a freshly brewed cuppa as an afternoon treat.
However, you enjoy yours, what is certain is that there will always be a perfect time and place to enjoy a freshly made chocolate cookie. Especially one like this…Enjoy! x
Gluten free, Dairy free. Soya free.
- 50g dairy free margarine
- 150g dark chocolate, broken in to pieces
- 2 eggs
- 170g light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 85g gluten free plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Put the margarine and the broken chocolate pieces in to a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally until melted and smooth.
- Put the eggs and vanilla extract in to a separate bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Pour the melted chocolate mixture in to the egg mixture, beating gently.
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder in to a separate bowl and pour in to the wet mixture.
- Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Use a spoon to scoop the cookie mixture on to the baking tray.
- Arrange 6 scoops on each baking tray, making 12 cookies in total.
- Pop them in to the oven for 10 or so minutes, checking the cookies regularly.
- Remove from the oven when the top of the cookies start to crack and they look slightly shiny.
- Leave the cookies to cool slightly on the trays before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
For another chocolate treat, try baking this chocolate brownie cake. Perfect for children’s parties or special occasions.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?