The Tastiest Flapjacks
These flapjacks are the tastiest I have ever made and are an all round winner on the baking front.
When I first made these beauties, the whole family relished the oaty, syrupy taste so much that I had to make another batch there and then…and even then, the whole lot disappeared in no time!
These tasty flapjacks are great for lots of reasons. They are deliciously tasty, are super simple to make and are perfect in a packed lunch, on a picnic or as a grab-and-go breakfast.
With basic store cupboard ingredients, why don’t you treat your little ones and family members by whizzing up a batch of these tasty flapjacks today?
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free. Wheat free. Egg free.
- 175g dairy free margarine
- 175g golden syrup
- 175g muscovado sugar
- 350g gluten free oats
- ½ lemon, finely grated zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Grease a square baking tin and line the bottom with some baking paper.
- Melt the margarine in a pan over a low heat and stir slowly.
- Add the golden syrup and sugar and heat gently.
- Once all the ingredients have melted together, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the oats and lemon zest.
- Once all mixed together, scoop into the baking tin and press down.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until golden brown and crispy around the edges.
These tasty flapjacks are so delicious if eaten immediately but they can also be stored for a number of days in an air tight container or frozen for a later date.
For another tasty treat, why don’t you try these no-bake rice crispy balls? Perfect for grown ups as a little sweet treat and for kiddies parties and family celebrations.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?