Simple tuna and lemon pasta
Recipe for simple tuna and lemon pasta.
This recipe for tuna and lemon pasta is really easy to make, looks appetising and tastes amazing too. The extra lemon kick helps to lift the taste and is a much healthier option to adding shop bought pasta sauces which can contain mountains of sugar.
The method is very straightforward and the ingredients are likely to be in your store cupboards, so no trip to the shops is required (which is always good!). I also opted for wholemeal rice pasta here but any gluten free alternative works just as well.
I find this recipe is a great mid week tea option when you’re dashing around everywhere or late home from work one night. The added bonus is that my two young boys love it and, if you have any left over, it tastes great as a desk-eat the following day or as part of a picnic.
Light, healthy and great with a side salad, this dish is a positive hit in our household.
Tuna pasta is a well loved dish in lots of households and everyone has their own way of making it. I would love to hear how you serve yours.
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- Rice pasta or any other gluten free version
- Tuna fish
- Selection of vegetables – I used broccoli and sweetcorn but mangetout and petit pois also taste great
- A dollop of dairy free mayonnaise
- A drizzle of lemon juice
- A sprinkle of pepper.
- Pop your pasta on to boil and lightly steam your selection of vegetables
- Once your pasta is cooked, drain and spoon in your tuna fish and veg
- Stir in the mayonaise until roughly mixed and drizzle your lemon juice over the top
- Finish off with a sprinkle of pepper and serve.
Easy peasy like lemon squeezy!