Simple Rice Pasta with Kale and Almonds
Spring has finally sprung after a very long and wet winter and so I thought a much lighter, easy pasta dish would be nice to welcome in the warmer days and the lighter nights.
This dish is a great mid week option when you are in a rush as it is quick and simple to make and you only need a few cupboard ingredients – all of which you probably already have.
I don’t add the chilli when we have this as a family meal but I will do if I am eating on my own or if it is just my Hubbi and I.
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free. Refined sugar free.
- Brown rice pasta or other ‘free from’ pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A large handful of kale
- A pinch of salt
- 1 large red chilli. finely sliced (optional)
- A handful of almonds
- Black pepper
- Pop your pasta on to boil.
- Meanwhile, take a large pan and gently heat the kale in the olive oil for a few minutes until wilted.
- In a separate pan toast the whole almonds until golden brown.
- After 10 minutes or so, drain the pasta and return to the pot.
- Stir through the kale, almonds, salt and chilli.
- Serve immediately and add a twist of black pepper.
So simple and easy to make, and delicious too! For another easy mid week pasta dish, why don’t you try my recipe for slurpy spaghetti carbonara?
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?