I was inspired to make these perfect pancakes after a family weekend away to Anglessey when we visited a local coffee/surf shop that made these wonderful sweet and savoury crepes with such a tempting array of fillings and toppings.
This particular recipe is very easy and the whole family can join in with the making and eating of them. With a vast array of different toppings to choose from, you can let your imagination go wild and be as creative as you like.
And who says it has to be Pancake Day to enjoy a bit of frying and flipping? These delicious pancakes can be enjoyed any day of the week and at any time of the day.
The useful thing to note with this recipe is that you can make up the pancakes a day ahead or wrap them in clingfilm and freeze them.
For a slightly different take on the traditional pancake recipe, why don’t you try my mini pancake muffins? They’re so delicious that you’ll be itching to make a second batch before the first lot has even been consumed!
Gluten Free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 100g gluten free plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300mls of oat milk or rice milk
- 1 tbsp of vegetable or sunflower oil for frying
- Pinch of salt
- Non-stick frying pan
- Put the flour and the pinch of salt in to a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Crack the eggs in to the middle and then pour in about 50mls of the milk and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Start whisking from the centre and work your way out, gradually mixing in the flour with the rest of the ingredients.
- Beat until you have a thick, smooth paste.
- Add a splash of oat milk to loosen the paste and then pour in the remaining milk whisking all the time.
- Continue whisking until everything is all mixed in and you have a smooth, slightly runny consistency.
- Heat the frying pan to a moderate heat and wipe with oiled kitchen paper.
- Pour some of the batter in to the pan and tilt it so the mixture has covered the base and forms a thin layer.
- Leave the pancake to cook for 30ish seconds. It should be a golden colour underneath.
- Loosen the pancake and then flip over to allow cooking on the other side.
- Continue like this with the rest of the batter until you have a huge stack of perfect pancakes.
Then all that is left to do is choose your delicious toppings and enjoy!
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?