Nutty Green Smoothie
We all love a smoothie in my family, but this one beats all previously made smoothies hands down!
The crunchy nutty bits made the drinking of this really interesting and the combination of the bananas, spinach and nut butter worked together like a dream.
I like making my smoothies a bit thicker and this was so beautifully textured and gloopy that the boys enjoyed theirs with the help of a spoon. If you prefers yours more like a liquid drink or slurped through a straw, then just add more almond milk and swap the crunchy nut butter to the smooth nut butter alternative.
For a colder version, try freezing your bananas before adding them to your smoothie. Just chop the banana in to slices and put them in a plastic sealed bag or container. Then pop them in the freezer for 6 hours before taking them out and whizzing them up in your smoothie.
This nutty green smoothie is such a fabulously easy and delicious nutty treat. Nom Nom!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free. Sugar Free.
- 1 chopped banana
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp of crunchy nut butter for the smoothie
- A sprinkling of flax seeds
- Almond milk
- 1 tbsp of nut butter
- 1/4 chopped banana
- For added goodness, sprinkle your smoothie with goji berries and chia seeds.
- Simply add all your ingredients in to the blender or smoothie maker.
- Whizz up for around 30 seconds or until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour in to a smoothie bowl or glass and add your toppings.
I always have a bag of chopped bananas in the freezer as they are a great addition to smoothies or for making in to healthy and delicious banana ice-cream.
And if you like your smoothies green, why don’t you try my recipe for the apple and spinach bowl?
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?