No Sugar Raspberry Rice Crispy Squares
These no-sugar rice crispy squares are jam packed with fruity goodness and use natural ingredients to create the sweetness making them a favourite with little ones and ideal for snacks and lunchbox treats.
My two young boys are always so ravenous when I pick them up from school and these fruity crispy squares make a perfect on-the-go snack to quench their hunger before tea time.
They are very easy and quick to make and the combination of the fruit and the honey provides a nice, natural sweetener. You can use fresh or frozen fruit and, dependant on what you’ve got available at the time, you could try using blueberries or strawberries as an alternative. A mixture of berried fruit also works well e.g try half raspberries and half blueberries.
Refined Sugar Free. Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- Dairy free margarine for greasing
- 85g gluten free self raising flour
- 55g quinoa flakes
- 55g gluten free rice crispies / puffed rice
- 100g dairy free margarine
- 100g runny honey
- 200g raspberries and/or blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 55g flaked almonds
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease a shallow tin with margarine and line the bottom with greaseproof baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, quinoa flakes, rice crispies, almonds and raspberries in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat the margarine and honey in a saucepan over a low heat until melted.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and add the egg.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon.
- Spoon the mixture in to your lined baking tin and press down until level.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes or so before cutting in to squares.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely before enjoying the delectable mixture of crispy gooeyness!
For an alternative fruit-packed recipe, why don’t you try these healthy granola bars? They make the perfect portable snack and the dried fruits and gluten free oats are a great source of fibre.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?