Mini Muscovado Madeira Cake
Feel the LOVE for these Mini Muscovado Madeira Cakes
I absolutely LOVE Madeira cakes. They remind me of being a child as I remember absolutely loving them then too!
They are a simple type of sponge cake, without all the icing and extra bits and bobs, but I think that’s why I LOVE them so much. It’s ALL about the beautiful fluffiness of the sponge itself. Oooh, just thinking about it is making my mouth water!
These Mini Muscovado Madeira Cakes are slightly different from the mainstream ones as they are made with muscovado sugar and they are gluten, dairy and soya free. So not only are they full of delicious yumminess, they are also good for little tummies. And with just four ingredients, they are super easy to make too.
So there is no excuse for me not to bake these mini marvels time and time again! In doing so, not only do I get to indulge in my favourite cake treat but the boys can feel the LOVE for the Madeira cake too by enjoying a slice of the gluten, dairy and soya free version. Everyone’s a winner!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 175g dairy free margarine
- 175g muscovado sugar
- 5 eggs
- 275g gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line two 1lb loaf tins with baking paper.
- Cream the margarine in a bowl and add the sugar until the mixture is soft and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time ensuring each egg is mixed thoroughly before adding the next one.
- Sift the flour and gently fold in to the mixture.
- Tip the cake mixture in to the two tins and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove the tins from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully lift each cake away from the tin and slowly peel the paper away.
- Leave them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Cut in to slices and enjoy a large one so you can start the feeling the LOVE of the Madeira Cake too!!
If you like baking cakes, why don’t you try the lovely Autumn Apple Cake, a beautiful sponge made with a delicious apple filling.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?