Mango and Oat Smoothie
Whilst I was training for my first Olympic triathlon in the summer, I made a gluten, dairy and soya free smoothie most days to ensure my two boys and I were filling ourselves up with lots of healthy, energy giving food.
Grown ups and little ones alike can enjoy a tasty, nutritious smoothie and they work well as a post work out fill up or as a healthy snack. They are always so colourful and are totally dreamy to drink. You can make them look even more enticing to little ones by cutting up some strawberries and layering them over the top. Then simply finish off with a twirly straw.
Whatever ingredients you chose to throw in, smoothies always taste delicious and are a great way of eating up over-done fruit and veg. Better to whizz up any bruised apples, browning bananas or wilting spinach than throw them in your rubbish bin.
I tend to mix my smoothies with a banana and/or organic, gluten free oats as it provides a creamy basis and adds a smooth consistency to the mixture. I made this particular one so thick and creamy that I could float a strawberry on it. Yum yum!
Gluten Free. Dairy free. Soya Free.
- 1 mango
- 2 bananas
- Sprinkling of GF milled linseed or chai seeds work just as well
- Organic gluten free oats
- Oat or almond milk
- Ground goji berries (optional)
- Strawberries, cut up
- Peel and cut up all your ingredients.
- Place them all in a blender and add your almond or oat milk, dependant on your preferred consistency.
- Blend until thick and smooth.
- Pour and sprinkle with your ground goji berries and cut up strawberries.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?