Fun and Fruity Cake Slices
These fun and fruity cake slices are very easy to make and are mouthwateringly delicious. They are totally dairy and soya free and can be made with gluten free ingredients so the boys can enjoy a slice too.
This is a tray bake recipe and is always a great investment in time for so many reasons. The method is straight forward, they always come out tasting delicious and the recipe makes plenty so you can choose to freeze half or they keep nicely in an air tight container for a number of days. You will also find that the ingredients are your store cupboard staples so can be made on a whim avoiding a special trip to the shops.
I tend to give these fun and fruity cake slices as a snack at school pick up or as a treat for them to find in their lunch box. I always like to imagine their little smiles when they see a fruity slice nestling amongst their sandwiches and bread sticks!
Dairy free and soya free. For a gluten free equivalent, simply swap the products for your preferred gluten free ones.
Happy baking! ?
- 4 eggs
- 250g dairy free margarine (plus extra for greasing)
- 250g caster sugar
- 350g self raising flour
- 4 tbsp almond or oat milk
- 350g mixed fruit. I used raison, sultanas, apricots, dates for this recipe but you can use whatever you have in your cupboards.
- A little demerera sugar
- A baking tin
- Tin foil to line the tin.
- Measure out all the ingredients, except the demerera sugar, and pour in to a large bowl.
- Beat together well for about 2 minutes until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Line the baking tin with tin foil and grease well.
- Pour the mixture in to the tin and sprinkle the top with demerera sugar.
- Put in the oven at 180 deg C and leave for around 25 minutes or until the cake is baked through.
- Slice the cake, remove from the tin and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Pop the kettle on, indulge in a cheeky slice and save the rest for your little munchkins!
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?