Frozen Berry Smoothie
This frozen berry smoothie looks so mouthwateringly delicious. The frozen berries gives it this most wonderful deep purple and pink colour and makes the smoothie taste extra cold and refreshing.
Smoothies are very diverse and I often give the boys a quick smoothie after breakfast, when they get home from school or as a healthy fill me up after tea. They are always packed with healthy deliciousness and are perfect for satisfying hungry tummies.
Smoothies are very easy to make and only require a few ingredients. This particular recipe is super simple and it will literally take you less than 5 minutes from start to finish. I always blend a bit extra so I can enjoy a fruit smoothie too. Great for those summer months or at any time of the year.
If you don’t have frozen berries, then this recipe works just as well with any fresh berries, for example, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
Just thrown in whatever you’ve got in your fridge or fruit bowl, go a bit crazy with your blender and sit back and enjoy the result!
Refined sugar free. Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- A handful of frozen berries
- A glass of almond milk (alternatively use oat milk)
- A large spoonful of flax seeds
- A large spoonful of organic, gluten free oats
- A sprinkling of chai seeds
- Some goji berries
- 1 banana
- A fun and twirly straw
- Add all your ingredients in to your blender or you can use a plastic receptacle and a hand blender. I often find this easier as there is less washing up to do.
- Whizz up until smooth.
- Add some water if the constancy is too thick or just pour some in to a bowl and serve with a spoon.
- Then simply sprinkle your chosen toppings e.g. chia seeds, goji berries, ground linseed, ground nuts, blueberries etc
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?