Crunchy Banana Loaf Cake
I can’t believe how delicious tasting this banana loaf cake is. It’s probably one of my all time favourite recipes.
It’s so moist and light and the banana slices give every mouthful a delightful crunch. My boys loved it, and between us we ate the whole loaf in one sitting! I enjoyed my slices with a nice hot cuppa.
This banana loaf cake is very easy to make and is a fun activity to do with little ones too. They might like to help mash up the bananas and help you to stir the mixture together.
With this recipe I chose to split the mixture in to two 1lb loaf tins and freeze one loaf for a later date. Alternatively, you can use a 2lb tin but it will need longer in the oven to bake through.
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 100g banana chips
- 150g dairy free margarine
- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g gluten free self raising flour, sifted
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat your oven to 190C and line two 1lb loaf tins.
- Select 24 whole banana chips for decorating, 12 for each small loaf.
- Beat the margarine and sugar together in a bowl then, one by one, gradually beat in the eggs.
- Slowly fold in the flour, mashed banana and remaining broken banana chips until everything is mixed together.
- Spoon the mixture in to the two 1lb loaf tins, then decorate the top of each cake with 12 banana chips.
- Pop the cakes in to the oven for 35-40 minutes until risen and golden.
- If you are using a 2lb loaf tin, you will need to leave the cake in for a further 10 minutes or so.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before turning out and leaving to cool completely.
This crunchy banana loaf cake tastes great warmed with a drizzle of toffee sauce.
For an alternative loaf cake recipe, why don’t you try my apple and raison tea bread recipe. It’s truly delicious!
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?