Chocolate Cornflake Cakes
Everyone loves chocolate cornflake cakes. They are such a favourite with children and I don’t know of any grown up who can’t deny how temptingly delicious they are.
Making chocolate cornflake cakes is an ideal activity to do with children, especially during the holidays. They are easy and fun to make and you could get the little ones to weigh out the ingredients. My boys love mixing everything up with their wooden spoon and their favourite part is licking the bowl. It’s a great way to spend time with each other doing something that you can all enjoy. And the best bit is that you all get to delight in the final results.
Chocolate cornflake cakes are versatile too. Pack a few up for a picnic or give to the children as a special treat. They are also perfect for birthday parties and special occasions.
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 50g dairy free margarine
- 100g dark chocolate, broken in to pieces (please read the label carefully)
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100g gluten free cornflakes
- Raisons (optional)
- Sprinkle with sugar strands (optional)
- Cupcake cases.
- To make, simply put the margarine, dark chocolate and golden syrup in a bowl and pop in the microwave to melt (or alternatively use a saucepan).
- Pour the chocolatey mixture over the cornflakes and mix together using a wooden spoon.
- Add the raisons (optional).
- Spoon the mixture in to the cupcake cases.
- We’ve sprinkled our cornflake cakes with sugar strands to give them a bit of colour.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?