Chocolate Cake Slices
My two young boys are dairy and soya free and to find a dairy/soya free chocolate cake is near on impossible. I’ve rummaged the super market aisles and local bakeries but to no avail.
That’s why this particular chocolate cake recipe is so special to me. Somehow I feel, that by baking these heavenly chocolate cake slices, I am giving my two boys the opportunity to experience the heavenly tastes of chocolate in the form of a delicious cake!
Not only are these chocolate cake slices totally delicious, they are also super easy to make and you only need a few ingredients – all of which you probably already have in your cupboards.
These chocolate cake slices are also perfect for a party or a special family occasion as they look pretty impressive and nobody would ever guess they are dairy and soya free. And if you have any left over, you can keep them in an air tight container and enjoy them over a few days. For a little twist, why don’t you try them warmed up and serve them with fresh strawberries?
This recipe makes a whole tray load so I tend to freeze half and dig them out when I need them.
These little chocolate cake beauties are firm favourites in our household. Why don’t you give them a go and let me know what you and your little ones think by filling in the comments box below? I promise you will have lots of happy little ones for quite a few days!
Dairy free and soya free. For a gluten free equivalent, simply swap the products for your preferred gluten free ones.
- 50g dairy free cocoa powder (please read the label carefully)
- 6 tablespoons of boiling water
- 5 eggs
- 250g dairy free soft margarine (I use a sunflower based margarine)
- 250g caster sugar
- 275g self raising flour
- 3 level teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of almond/rice milk
- You will need a large roasting tin lined with tinned foil.
- Preheat your oven 180 C.
- Mould foil to your tin and grease well.
- Mix the cocoa and boiling water in a bowl until it’s a smooth paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients and beat well.
- Spread evenly in the tin.
- Pop in the oven for 30 mins or until the cake start shrinking away from the sides.
- Once cooled lift out of the tin and cut into slices.
Happy baking! ?
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?