Chocolate Brownie Cake
I baked this yummy chocolate brownie cake for Little J’s 5th birthday party and it went down a treat! The kids (and Mums!) loved the chocolatey indulgence and no-one could believe that these little beauties were gluten, dairy and soya free. Some of the Mums even sent a message after the party saying how much they enjoyed it, which was so lovely to receive.
For the party, I cut the cake in to squares and the children enjoyed theirs with strawberries and raspberries. I also popped a couple of extra brownie squares in their party bags for them to enjoy later.
This chocolate brownie cake is very straight forward to make and is great to make with little ones. Mine loved licking the bowl afterwards so much so they got chocolate all over their rosy cheeks and hands!
This brownie cake works brilliantly for any occasion and can equally be enjoyed by little ones and grown ups. For the ultimate dessert, try a brownie warmed with coconut ice-cream or some sorbet on the side. Delicious!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 100g dairy free margarine
- 175g caster sugar
- 75g light brown sugar
- 125g dairy & soya free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g gluten free plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dairy & soya free cocoa powder (I use Green and Blacks)
- Dusting of icing sugar
- Strawberries and raspberries
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- Place the butter, caster sugar, brown sugar, chocolate and golden syrup in the pan and melt gently on a low heat until it is smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Break the eggs into the bowl and whisk with the fork until light and frothy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the greased and lined cake tin and place on the middle shelf of the oven. Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool for a further 20-30 mins.
- Dust some icing sugar over the top before cutting the cake into squares
- Serve with cut up strawberries and raspberries, relax and enjoy this gooey chocolatey treat!
For an alternative celebration cake, why don’t you try this beautiful Victoria Sponge cake? It made the perfect celebratory treat for my Mum’s confirmation.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?