Carrot Cake Tray Bake
This carrot cake tray bake is so light and delicious and the drizzle of icing makes it look fantastic and very appetising too.
I really like to focus on recipes that are simple, look great and that predominantly use ingredients that you already have in your cupboards. And this is no exception.
The added bonus here is that you get to add loads of healthy carrots too! It’s actually surprising how many went in to this recipe and how well disguised this beautiful orange veg is once the tray bake comes out of the oven. You will certainly fool your little ones and, of course, every little bit of fruit and veg helps towards their 5 a day!
Dairy free and soya free. For a gluten free equivalent, simply swap the products for your preferred gluten free ones.
- 300g grated carrots
- Handful of raisins
- 100g chopped walnuts
- 150g soft dark sugar
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 300ml rapeseed oil/ sunflower oil
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
The icing is simply sieved icing sugar and water.
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Line a tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugars, oil and eggs together.
- Then, add the remaining ingredients leaving the chopped walnuts, raisins and carrots until the end.
- Beat everything until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture in to your lined tray and pop it in the oven for 35-40 mins.
- Allow to cool before slicing and removing from the tin.
- To make the icing simply sieve the sugar and add water until it is the right consistency.
This recipe makes plenty so you can enjoy over a few days.
Happy baking! ?
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?