No-Bake Caramel Crispy Balls
These no-bake caramel and date crispy balls are a perfect option for little ones as they are the ultimate sweet treat and they taste fantastic!
More importantly they are refined sugar free and a healthier alternative to off the shelf kids snacks and the more conventional chocolate rice crispy cakes. They also make the perfect kiddies pudding, after school snack or as a nice surprise in their lunch box.
These caramel and date crispy balls are great for grown ups too as a mid-afternoon sweet treat and they taste great after dinner chilled straight from the fridge.
What’s more, this recipe is easy to make and there is no baking involved making them a quick and healthy snack option at any time of the day and for every member of the family.
Refined sugar free. Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 12 dates (you could also use medjool dates)
- 70ml maple syrup
- 50g coconut oil, melted
- 40g dairy free margarine, melted
- 50g gluten free rice puffs
- 50g gluten free cornflakes, crushed
- Firstly, melt the coconut oil and margarine together in a microwave dish or in a pan on the hob.
- Once melted, pour the liquid in to a blender and add the dates and maple syrup.
- Blend together until you have a smooth, caramel like consistency.
- Pour the rice puffs and cornflakes into a bowl and add the caramel mixture.
- Mix the ingredients together well using your hands.
- Roll into balls and place in the fridge to set for a few hours.
- Alternatively, enjoy them as they are for all their delightful gooey-ness!
The recipe for no-sugar rice crispy squares is also worth a try. Perfect for grown ups as a little sweet treat and for kiddies parties and family celebrations.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?