When the sun comes out, everyone’s tastes buds start tingling for something cool and refreshing and the first thought that springs to mind is an ice-cream! So when you or your children are dairy and gluten free, and you fancy a treat, the options are somewhat limited. No ice-creams, no trips to the local ice-cream farm and a limited choice when you take a visit to your local ice-cream van!
Sorbets and ice lollies are all well and good, but lollies are often made with a dairy ingredient and, besides, that taste of a smooth and velvety ice-cream with a chocolate flake is something else all together!
This is where this recipe for banana ice-cream is a winner for all the family. It has the same consistency of a Mr Whippy, in that it is smooth and creamy, but it also looks like ice-cream and tastes delicious too! Not to mention that it is filled with icy, fruity goodness, is easy to make and only has one ingredient – bananas!
So when the sun shine beckons, make sure you stock up with bananas and enjoy watching your little ones eat ice-cream – a treat you thought they could never enjoy!
- 4-6 very soft/brown bananas
- Cacao nibs (dairy free chocolate chips) and/or marshmallows (optional)
- A plastic sealable bag
- Simply peel and slice your bananas.
- Place them in a bag and pop in the freezer for 6ish hours.
- Take the sliced bananas out of the freezer and leave them for 5 mins at room temperature to thaw slightly.
- Then pop them in a blender or use a hand mixer and whip the bananas up until they’re light and creamy.
For the ultimate treat, either sprinkle some cacao nibs or marshmallows and finish off with a drizzle of strawberry sauce.
Serve and enjoy!
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?