Avocado and Raspberry Smoothie
These avocado and frozen berry smoothies are so creamy and delicious that you would never believe there is so much goodness packed in to one glass and your kids would never believe that they’ve actually eaten an avocado!
It was honestly a feeling of triumph to see my two young boys eating an avocado, all be it blended into a mouthwatering smoothie. The taste was so cleverly disguised by all the other delicious ingredients, like the frozen berries, bananas and almond milk, that there was not even a hint of this soft, creamy fruit on their taste buds. Good job too, as I doubt they would have eaten it had they known an avocado was one of its key ingredients.
Abundant in nutrients, avocados are crammed with 20 different vitamins and minerals and are high in healthy fats too. Blending this little green beauty in with the other gorgeous ingredients means that you are filling up your little one’s tummies with healthy, home-made goodness and nourishing them from the inside.
Smoothies are very versatile and make a great, easy option for breakfast, after school snack or as a treat after tea. And there are endless options to try.
Just experiment with the fruit and vegetables that are in season and you’ll be surprised at how easy smoothies are to make, how tasty they are and how much your little ones will love them.
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- 1/2 avocado, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of frozen raspberries or alternatively use fresh strawberries, blueberries and blackberries.
- Milled linseed containing ground goji berries, sesame and pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 or 2 bananas dependant on their size, chopped
- Almond or oat milk
- 1 handful of crushed ice
- Pop all your ingredients in to a blender. Sometimes I use a hand blender to save on time and washing up.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add extra almond milk if you prefer your smoothie more runny.
- Pour and serve with a straw.
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?