Apple and Spinach Smoothie Bowl
These little bowls of green deliciousness are perfect for little ones. Filled with healthy goodness, I often serve these smoothie bowls to the boys as a pudding after their tea. They look very appetising and are so thick they can eat them with a spoon. Or you can pop a few straws in and have some fun with the gloopy textures.
I put a whole load of fab and healthy stuff in to this little beauty including a green apple, spinach, bananas, almond milk, gluten free oats (to thicken), ground seeds, chopped nuts and goji berries.
Smoothies are so versatile and are a great way of encouraging children to eat their greens, without them even realising it!
This recipe makes three large portions. Enough for the boys to have one each and an extra one left over for me to enjoy as a snack.
Serve the smoothie either in a dessert bowl with a spoon or in a drinking glass with a straw, it works just as well either way. Now you can just sit back and what the little ones enjoy this slurpy goodness!
Gluten free. Dairy free. Soya free.
- A handful of spinach
- 2 bananas (saving half a banana to slice over the top)
- 1 grated green apple
- A large handful of gluten free oats
- Almond milk
- Chopped nuts
- A drizzle of honey
Topping (all of which are optional)
- Ground goji berries
- Ground sunflower seeds
- Chopped nuts
- Chia seeds
- Put all your ingredients in to a blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie mixture in to a bowl or glass.
- Sprinkle with ground goji berries, ground sunflower seeds and chia seeds.
- Serve the smoothie in a bowl with a spoon or in a glass with a straw.
- Have fun slurping each delicious green mouthful!
HAVE A HAPPY TUMMY DAY ?